Monday 5 September 2011

I have LOVED Carine Roitfeld since I first graced eyes on her, I am ashamed to admit I did not fully piece together the sheer amount that her style and influence has littered practically every fashion magazine I have looked at until my first year as uni.
When I heard she was leaving Vogue I was shocked, what next?
The arrival of her book Irreverentwas warmly greeted.
The 368-page style bible looks back at the fashion stylist/editor/muse and her 30-year career. My only critisms of what I have seen so far is that A. it is not a 12-volume-long fashion encyclopaedia because it easily could have been with all her work, and B. that it isnt published until October! Boo.
As well as loving her styling of shoots, I just love her.
Karl Lagerfeld once said that if you close your eyes and imagine the ideal French woman, it would be Carine Roitfeld. She is a fashion visionary and a muse. Since the start of her career in the early 1990s, through her collaborations with the legendary photographer Mario Testino, Roitfeld has been credited with launching Tom Ford’s career at Gucci, as well as turning French Vogue into one of the industry’s most worshipped magazines.

This elegant and greatly-anticipated volume is a visual history of Roitfeld’s fearless career. A daring instigator, she is known for pushing the limits with her subversive styling ideas. Featuring a selection of 250 magazine tear sheets and covers from pivotal editorial shoots and advertising campaigns.
'I think everything came with the blogs, because I worked 20 years ago, and 20 years ago no one was talking about me. I didn’t change. Maybe I was at the right moment. But sometimes I say, What is so interesting about me? I am just doing photo shoots. It’s not something that extraordinary. I’m not a great artist, I’m not writing books, I’m not a painter, and people in the streets ask me for a picture or a note and I say why? But I think it’s better to appreciate it, because maybe it’s not forever.' Carine Roitfeld





No comments:

Post a Comment